What a great weekend Active Evolution Fitness had last weekend! We started the weekend off with the Kiss Me Dirty Mud Run and finished it off with the 1st Annual Client Appreciation BBQ!
The Kiss Me Dirty Mud Run was a BLAST! There were 11 obstacles over a 3.1 mile course. For many of my clients, this was their first mud run and everyone finished smiling, laughing, and covered in mud and suds! I am so proud of all of my clients who participated and overcame fears to complete some of the obstacles! It was so inspiring to see clients help and motivate each other as they climbed up walls and down cargo nets, crawled through mud pits, ran through tires, slid down fire poles and slip and slides, walked across a teetering plank, and climbed in and out of mud-filled dumpsters. A BIG shout out goes to our amazing camera crew, Ed, Don, and Josh, who ran along almost the whole course to get pictures of us at each obstacle. Thank you guys!
The 1st Annual Client Appreciation BBQ was a success, even with the wind and rain! Unfortunately, I failed in the photography department, as this is the only picture I have of the event, thanks to Ed!
It is so rewarding to honor those who have supported me in my journey this past year. October 9th marks one year of Active Evolution Fitness being in business. It has been an amazing year, and I owe it to each one of my clients. Being able to celebrate and show my appreciation for them is an honor. I truly have the best clients! As promised, I have provided some of the recipes from the BBQ.
- 2 Large Hass Avocados
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt, Plain
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1+½ Lime, Juiced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- ¼ Onion
- ½ Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Peppercorn, to Taste
- Place all Ingredients in Food Processor.
- Pulse to combine, then Blend on low/medium speed for 30-45 seconds.
- Fold mixture back upon itself with Spatula, return to Blend on medium speed until Creamy & Smooth in Consistency.
- Season additionally, to Taste.
- Scrape Dip into Serving Dish & Plate with Pita, Tortilla Chips, Vegetables… OR serve as a Spread on Sandwiches, Burgers, etc.
- Serve & ENJOY!
Greek Salad – Julie’s Salad
- Beefsteak Tomatoes, seeds removed
- Cucumber, seeds removed
- Yellow or Sweet Onion
- White Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes and onions to desired size.
- Cut the cucumber(s) in half, lengthwise. Scoop seeds out with a spoon. Slice to desired size.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, and cucumber in dish.
- Pour in desired amount of each vinegar and oil.
- Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Serve as a side dish for chicken or fish, add to salads, top gyros, or serve with pita bread or chips.