The Ultimate Protein Pancakes
It is official…I am addicted! I recently posted Pumpkin Protein Pancakes and was eating them daily, until I found these! If you are looking for a protein pancake that is gluten free, dairy free (depending on protein powder used), and more “pancake-like”, this is it! A friend introduced me to these and I have eaten them almost every day since she did so! In the past couple of weeks, I have made these a number of different ways, as the base is very versatile. I am still experimenting, but I wanted to share with you so that you don’t miss out! Who knows, maybe you will experiment as well and have another variation to share!
1 Banana (I prefer using a green tip banana)
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Egg Whites
1T. Flax Meal
Blend all ingredients in a blender, coat a pan or griddle with a little coconut oil, and cook just the way you would a normal pancake, cooking 2-3 minutes/side. That’s it!
Some of the variations that I have tried:
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and vanilla (always)
- 4T. Canned Pumpkin and Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4T. Mashed Sweet Potato and 1-2T. Unsweetened Applesauce (instead of the banana)
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Shaved 90% Dark Chocolate
A couple variations that I have thought of trying:
- Chocolate Protein Powder or another flavor…I have heard that there is a cinnamon roll protein powder out there…YUM!
- Adding PB2
- Adding Unsweetened Coconut
You can also top them with just about anything that you like. I have topped them with:
- 1 Apple, chopped, and heated in the microwave with cinnamon for 1-2 minutes
- Almond Butter/Peanut Butter
- More Cinnamon 🙂
- Fresh Berries or Peaches
Other options that friends have tried:
- Real Maple Syrup (just like real pancakes!)
- Drizzle of Honey
What variation are you going to try?